There is nothing better for two who love each other than marriage.” [Sunan Ibn Majah]
In an era where the definition of “LOVE” is dependent on million dollar weddings and honeymoons, hashtags, and other superficial underpinnings, the Prophetic example and the Islamic teachings are being gradually pushed away. The influence of mass media is such that it has successfully instilled within men and women a distorted sense of understanding on the institution of love and marriage. Consequently, love is slowly losing all meaning and divorce is rapidly on the rise.
“… He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts)…“ [Quran 30:21]
Islam has repeatedly emphasized on the importance of love, marriage, and family life and provided the lifestyles of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and the Sahaba رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ as the ideal examples of such. The “It’s All About Love” course conducted by Ustadh Kashif explores the meaning of True Love, Mercy, and Compassion within marriage in accordance to the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah and helps one better understand the institution of marriage and family life.
In this course you will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of love and its rulings from an Islamic perspective.
- Recognize the Mercy and Wisdom of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى Who laid down rules for marriage and the treatment of one’s spouse.
- Understand how Islam protects and nurtures love between a male and a female through the institution of marriage.
- Know how love and compassion played key roles in the life of the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, and his example as a husband and a family man.
- Understand the reasons behind the status and importance of marriage and the family unit in Islam.
- Understand the languages of Love to be able to communicate well with each other.
- Search for the most desirable characteristics in a prospective spouse and know the correct procedures for pursuing someone you are interested in marrying.
- Know the rights and obligations of each spouse and how to work together to achieve a household full of love and mercy.